Designed by CS&P Architects Inc.
Photo by Alina Cornea Architectural Photography
Originally built in 1853, Nelson Mandela Park Public School is the oldest school in Toronto on its original site. The school underwent construction in the 1900s to expand, and in 2010 the existing building took on a vital renovation to accommodate the increased student population. The renovation linked the school to the new community centre that was part of a multi-phased revitalization of the Regent Park community. Renovations feature a full day kindergarten, child care centre, and accommodations for an additional 660 pupils.
The design include a state-of-the art Internet protocol (IP) Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Detection and Intercom systems as well as a Multi-zoned Overhead Paging System to aid in providing a safe environment for student and staff.