The Calgary office of Smith + Andersen is currently seeking a Receptionist for a 6-month contract. You are a seasoned receptionist who has been the friendly face of the company to visitors. You have previous experience managing multi-phone lines, directing calls, greeting guests, announcing visitors to appropriate team members and managing office assignments.
Does this sound like you? If so, here are some of the more detailed responsibilities you can expect in this position:
- Greet and direct clients, vendors and individuals for in-person appointments or meetings. Monitor visitor access and notify employees of visitor arrival. Keep reception area tidy and welcoming.
- Manage multi-line phone systems; Answer telephone inquiries, take messages, direct calls and place outgoing calls
- Monitor meeting rooms using outlook calendar. Assist in arranging meetings and continuously review calendars to ensure meeting rooms not over booked.
- Maintain and organize calendar of appointments and events.
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of the office. Prepare mail to be sent out; including postage. Arrange couriers and parcel passes; send packages daily.
- Monitor the use of equipment such as cameras, thermometers, etc. Ensure items signed out have been returned and are in good working condition.
- Distribute travel vouchers such as train tickets and taxi chits.
- Update internal databases with business contact and new employee information. Record new employee biographical information, core working hours and send out notification to appropriate office.
- Distribute monthly invoices and billing statements provided by accounting; ensure they are sent to the correct mailing address as soon as possible.
- Process supply orders regularly to ensure inventory is maintained; receive supplies, unpack and check order for accuracy.
- Assist accounting with activities such as updating vendor information, organizing timesheets, and posting invoices received.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed; such as processing mail; maintain general office area; including meeting rooms, printer rooms, supply rooms and kitchens.
A few more qualifications which will help you with these responsibilities:
- Previous reception experience within a professional office environment
- Must have knowledge in computer software; proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Exhibit professional and superior telephone etiquette
- Effectively handle multi-line phone systems while maintaining professional and pleasant demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently with little supervision, as well as part of a team
For more information about Smith + Andersen, please visit our website at www.smithandandersen.com. To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place job title and office location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.
Smith + Andersen is a trusted Canadian consulting engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax. Founded in 1965, Smith + Andersen has organically grown from an established reputation as trusted mechanical and electrical consultants, reaching new levels of engineering and design excellence in the communications, security and audiovisual fields, and providing enhanced services such as lighting, building automation systems, and intelligent integrated systems design. Thanks to their client-focussed approach, Smith + Andersen is able to apply efficient, sustainable, and reliable design and engineering solutions on the most exciting projects across Canada. From fully-integrated hospitals and welcoming schools, to healthy workplaces and secure transit stations, their team has established lasting relationships with public and private sector clients across the country.